Wednesday, August 5, 2009

He's so lucky....

After much cajoling, I finally got Jeff to sign up for a Facebook account last week. As in, last Thursday or Friday night. As in less than a week ago. And in the less than seven days that have passed, Jeff has become quite the FB afficianado, finding old friends and building an impressive network of 64 friends in a few days' time. That's all good, but it's this Farmville stuff that has me wondering if an intervention isn't in order. Tyler started the Farmville buzz several weeks back, planting cyber crops, harvesting and tending to whichever lonely cow or goat happened to wander onto his farm. Then Kate got in on the action. Seeing the two of them so enthusiastic about this cyber-agribusiness must've piqued Jeff's interest. By Saturday afternoon, he was aligning errands so that he'd be free by 1pm to harvest his strawberries. I have managed to somehow resist the charms of the farmin' life while my family seems to be donning their virtual straw hats and overalls.

Until today.

Jeff is on duty for the next 24 hours, and asked me this morning via text if I could harvest his crops for him. "I don't suppose you want to harvest my strawberries?" he wrote. My guess is that the look I'd have given him had he asked face-to-face would've translated well in the gap of silence he'd hear over the phone. Being the dutiful wife I am, and with the love I have for my husband, I agreed.

And, now I'm planting a farm full of soybeans for him.

Pray for me...

2 comments:

Jennifer Cameron said...

Can't....breathe....laughing.....too......hard....

Lindy said...

Literally....laughing out loud to the point where coworkers are starting to stare.

He. did. not. ask you if "you'd harvest his strawberries?!"

That's sexy talk right there.