Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Call me Grace(-ful)

You know how you sometimes forget small details of a situation until you are forced to either remember or relive them? I didn't see "Become awkward" on my list of things to do today, but realized it must be there when I was momentarily wedged between the door and the wall of a bathroom stall at work.

Good times.

I'll admit, my mid-section is growing. However, I didn't think it was THAT big. Maybe it was just the angle of the situation. Maybe I was simply in too much of a hurry and miscalculated the distance. Whatever the case, I'm sure the surprise and shock registered on my face when -- for just a second or two -- I couldn't budge. In fact, I wouldn't have been any more surprised to open the door and find Publisher's Clearinghouse standing in the ladies' room with balloons and a check for a million dollars made out to yours truly.

I quickly un-wedged myself from the stall and went about my hand-washing business, thankful there hadn't been anyone else around to witness my "proud" moment. That came later, when trying to get out of the car somewhat gracefully after returning from lunch. I believe an ostrich on Rollerblades would have been more graceful than I was. I think the problem lies in the fact that I'm driving a VW Jetta most of the time, and have to actually do some hoisting to get out. With my other two pregnancies, I drove a Jeep Cherokee and Ford Expedition. All I had to do was, basically, open the door, lean over and slide out.

I had forgotten how an ever-expanding belly can knock a person off balance or get in the way at times. I just hope from here on out I remember to at least try and look graceful as I lumber about.

1 comment:

melissa6 said...

i'm sure you are graceful!!!