Friday, October 2, 2009

...and breathe...

I feel like I've been holding my breath for the past two weeks. My dear friend, Stephanie, called two Fridays ago and told me she'd be having major surgery on September 28.

So I prayed.

Whenever she crossed my mind in the days that followed, I prayed a small, silent prayer for a successful surgery and great recovery. This past Monday, the day of surgery, I prayed. Then I found that I was fortunate enough to be in the "loop." I received text updates on the surgery and how well she was doing. Once that was over, the next step was to wait for lab results. Today I received another text with great news. All is well and Stephanie should be recuperating in her own home this weekend.

Stephanie has been a close friend for over 10 years. She was my supervisor at work and continues to be an amazing role model and mentor. Personally, she has been one of my closest friends, whose experience and words of advice/wisdom have been carefully weighed and (in most cases) acted upon. She saw me through my first pregnancy, and predicted I was carrying twins just by looking at me one day. (This came before my OB even ordered a single ultrasound.) She has been a wonderful friend to me and my family.


And now I can breathe easy... knowing she's doing well.

May 2007

2 comments:

Lindy said...

What the hell?????

First - why wasn't I invited to this margarita whatnot that you two had in this picture?

And second - OMG. I had no idea. Although, I missed the pre-surgery praying, I'll start in on the recovery side.

I love Stephanie too. She's like a second Mom to me.

Rebecca Cameron said...

Lindy--You were invited... this was from the trip to Kentucky in May 2007. Unfortunately, you had something going and couldn't make it. :( Of course, this means we have to plan ANOTHER road trip!