Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12, 2009: Back in the habit

No, I'm not talking about nun fashion.

I can't stand it when I have something come up and miss a day of writing. Because then one day turns into two, then three. Then, before you know it, a whole boat-load of days have gone by in between posts. And I don't even know if anyone regularly reads/cares, except for maybe one or two people who tell me they read this.

I have recently been re-inspired to get back to my writing. And not just here or for my day job. As a self-admitted "word nerd," I love stringing together words and telling stories. Hopefully people find them entertaining ... at least mildly.

Are you with me, people?

So, last night Jack and Charlie had another baseball game. Their team racked up four runs by the 2nd inning. Unfortunately, the other team racked up 17 by the end of the game. Poor kids. I sat in the bleachers, wrapped in a blanket thinking of my motivational speech for the ride home. (Yes, this is springtime in Indiana, folks. It may be 70 during the day, but you still need a blanket out there at night.) Jack hit not only a double, but a triple as well. Charlie struck out twice, then got walked. He was left on third by his brother when he foul-tipped out in his last at bat. Surprisingly, the boys were upbeat and not particularly sour following the ass-whipping loss, and didn't need my speech.

There's another game Saturday afternoon. Let's cross our fingers that they can come out of this slump. If not, I've always got my speech prepared.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Ugh - that's gotta be tough. He was left on base by his brother...I bet he got an earful!