Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15

So, I'm driving to work today and see a sign that I simply cannot believe.

LAST CHANCE SHRIMP DINNER
$5.99

Let's break this down, shall we?

First of all, it was on the marquee of a Lee's Famous Recipe chicken joint. I may be going out on a limb here, but shrimp is one of the last things I'd expect to see on their menu board.

Chicken? Yes.
Biscuits? Yes.
Side-o-mashed potatoes? Yes.
Shrimp? Ummmmm.... what?

So, that leads one to wonder why they even had shrimp in their inventory. Was it a great deal that couldn't be passed up? Or are there suddenly shellfish stocked on poultry farms...?

Next, I doubt I'd be asking for A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G on a menu that's billed as "Last Chance..." Call me crazy, but that just conjures up the idea it's been laying around a bit too long. And shrimp doesn't lay around too long very well.

"Hi, Welcome to Lee's Famous Recipe. May I take your order, please?"
"Yes, I'd like one of your 'Last Chance Shrimp dinners."
"Would you like anything else with that?"
"Sure. How about some common sense, because I'm apparently fresh out... and how about some bad ideas. I can't get enough of those babies..."

1 comment:

Lindy said...

I got nothing...that's just gross.